The County Cup was due to be shot following the trial at Appleton yesterday (24 June) however it appeared that some of the prospective team were not on form so the Committee took the unfortunate decision was taken to postpone the shoot until after the Scottish rifle meeting.

The County Captain will work through the indoor averages and invite the top 15 or so county competitors to shoot the match without a further trial.

We are thinking of arranging the shoot for one afternoon/evening at Appleton so it will need a clear and definite commitment from those invited.